Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
At Secretlab, we recognize the importance of having an ergonomic chair. Statistics have shown that people spend more than half of their waking hours sitting down. This results in a high chance for improper posture, which can lead to chronic back health problems over time.
With this in mind, we were inspired by car racing seats—seats designed to conform to the human body shape in order to provide advanced lateral support and weight distribution. We've applied the same concept in the design of our chairs to accommodate long hours of usage in front of the computer. Each chair spawns from quality core materials, unparalleled craftsmanship, and state of the art manufacturing processes.
Additionally, our mission is to bring value to you, the customer. We do this in many ways—one of them is that we sell directly to the consumer. This removes the extra layers of final costing such as overseas distributor margins, local distributor margins, retailer margins, and storefront costs. Straight from our factory to you.
Choosing a Secretlab chair is an investment in comfort. It's easy to overlook the importance of a chair that supports you well and keeps you comfortable, but your back will thank you in the long run!
The THRONE is suitable for the more petite user, with thick layers of cold-cure foam cushioning, 4D armrests, an aluminum base, velour pillows, and PU casters.
The OMEGA contains an even thicker layer of cold-cure foam to provide extreme cushioning & support. Due to its compact design, the overall shape of the chair wraps more fittingly for most people and offer a snug feeling when seated in it to provide better ergonomic support. Additionally, it comes with a multi-functional tilt mechanism which provides more flexibility and allows you to lock the chair at desired angles.
The TITAN features an even taller backrest and a wider and deeper seat base. This chair is ideal for the bigger-than-average user, up to 6’4” in height and 290lbs in weight. It is also the only model in our lineup that has our integrated adjustable lumbar support system, which allows you to adjust the lumbar support by turning the knob on the right side of the backrest. In addition, the TITAN also uses our XL PU casters which enables smoother gliding, increased sturdiness and enhanced durability.
We further refined our THRONE and OMEGA lines with a suite of upgrades:
- Improved inner cushioning: The OMEGA 2018 and THRONE 2018 feature improvements to the build of the inner cushioning—made from Secretlab’s signature cold-cure foam—which now allows for better and more even distribution of the user’s weight throughout the entire seat.
- Velour memory foam lumbar pillow: Memory foam was first developed by NASA and will now come equipped with the OMEGA 2018 and THRONE 2018 in the form of a brand new lumbar pillow. While the pillow that comes with each model differs slightly, each has been designed to mold to the user’s body—evenly distributing body weight—to provide support to your lower back while sitting in either chair.
- Upgraded armrests: The armrests also feature a design upgrade—not only is it wider and more spacious, it is also contoured to be more ergonomically sensible, enabling comfortable and effortless use in a further expanded variety of ways. Its surface material has been improved as well to be more comfortable for elbows to be anchored on.
- Shorter* Hydraulic Piston: Adjustments have also been made to the hydraulic piston to better suit a wider range of user heights. This ensures that more users will be able to sit with their feet planted solidly on the ground preventing the possibility of poor blood circulation to the lower body.
Secretlab chairs come in both leather and fabric options—both will offer you same great seating experience, so which one should you choose?
Ultimately it boils down to personal preference, but here are some differences between leather and fabric that may help you decide.
Our Secretlab PRIME PU Leather is water resistant, making it the better choice if you’re prone to accidental spills. If you’re confident about keeping food or liquids away from your chair, then feel free to choose between either of our top-quality upholsteries.
Our Secretlab SoftWeave™ Fabric was designed with breathability in mind—while the threads are tightly woven for durability, they still allow for air to flow through, helping to dissipate heat more easily.
- Ease of maintenance
PU leather is easy to take care of with some quick maintenance every now and then. While our SoftWeave™ fabric also does not require maintenance as often, it will take some effort to clean if it gets dirty. To learn more, check out our Aftercare Guide
Orders & Payment
You can pay for your order securely with the Stripe payment method, which accepts both debit and credit cards. In addition, you can opt for a quick checkout with PayPal checkout!
In addition, we're happy to offer our customers a flexible financing option powered by Affirm!
Affirm offers easy financing – without a catch. There are no gimmicks like deferred interest or hidden fees, so the total you see at checkout is always what you’ll actually pay. Simply select Affirm as your payment option when you check out.
As we aim to ship out your order as quickly as possible, we apologize that we are unable to cancel your order or change the chair model/colour of your chair once your order has been processed.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to cancel your order once your order has been dispatched.
Shipping costs generally hover around $29 via FedEx Ground for one chair (our chairs are very heavy — a testament to their durability!). Final shipping cost will be calculated on checkout at our shopping cart page, depending on your location. Also, be on a lookout for our free shipping promos!
We are only able to ship to residential or commercial addresses in the 48 contiguous United States. FedEx Ground delivery is unable to deliver to any military APO, FPO and DPO destinations. We are unable to accommodate custom requests for deliveries, such as calling in advance, scheduling delivery dates, or leaving the package in a specific location. Any such requests will have to be arranged by the customer with FedEx after placing the order.
Our warehouses are based out of Tennessee and Utah. Under normal circumstances, please allow for up to 1 working day for your order to be processed and 2-5 working days for your package to be fulfilled and delivered, depending on your location.
* Secretlab will not be held accountable for any delays in shipping due to customs or carrier delays, and unforeseen circumstances outside of our control.
When your order has been shipped, you'll receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number via email. The tracking information can take up to 24 hours to update, so don't worry if it doesn't show up immediately!
Warranty, Return & Refund
To summarize on our warranty policy:
- 2-years warranty on all functionality portions of the chair. Aesthetics defects & misuse of the chair are not covered.
- Email an image or video of relevant affected area to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of delivery date.
- Secretlab reserves the final right in determining if a benefit under the warranty can be claimed.
Though we are unable to provide exchanges for our chairs at the moment, we do have a Return & Refund policy in place which you may refer to for more information on the process.
In an event when you encounter any damaged, defective or missing parts, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at email@example.com with photos of the affected area and your order number so our Support team can do their best to assist you.
Assembly & Care of Products
Upon purchase & fulfillment, a confirmation email containing an Assembly Video as well as an Assembly Guide will be sent to your inbox. Alternatively, you can find the Assembly Video and Assembly Guide in the Resources page.
The Assembly Video and Guide will give you a good step-by-step visual walkthrough, as well as some important safety information to keep in mind. So watch it through at least once before starting and you'll find it much easier. An average person takes about 20 minutes to assemble the chair!
If you run into any issues during the assembly, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will do their best to help you.
While we designed Secretlab chairs to be durable, that doesn't mean you should abuse it or neglect taking care of it. We've compiled a handy Aftercare Guide to help you clean and maintain your chair, so that it stays looking good and working well.